A face-lift can take years off your appearance and help build your confidence. However, this procedure is considered a major surgery, so there are some guidelines you’ll need to follow to ensure a successful outcome. Following the instructions of your doctor throughout this process is of the utmost importance.
Schedule Some Time to Talk: The first step before any major cosmetic procedure is to meet and talk with a plastic surgeon. During that initial visit, the doctor will spend some time reviewing your medical history and examine your facial structure, including your skin, facial bones, and neck. This is also a good time to discuss expectations regarding your appearance after the face-lift and the amount of time you’ll need to recover. league city tx plastic surgery
- Mind Your Medication: If you take daily herbal supplements, or use anti-inflammatory drugs—like aspirin or ibuprofen—stop taking all pills at least 24 hours before your face-lift. Over-the-counter drugs and vitamins can thin the blood, which can lead to excess bleeding during surgery.
- Keep It Clean: Take a shower the night before, washing your face, neck, and hair thoroughly with a bland soap that doesn’t contain excess oils. Heavy moisturizers can leave a film on your skin that can
- prevent surgery monitors fromsticking to the skin effectively. You may not be able to shower for several days after your cosmetic surgery, so repeat the same process in the morning before you see the plastic surgeon. league city tx plastic surgery
- Avoid Eating: Eat a light meal for dinner. If you have excess food in your stomach, the anesthesia could make you nauseous, even after the surgery. As a general rule of thumb, don’t eat anything after midnight or the morning of your procedure.
- Find a Friend: Ask your partner, spouse, or a trusted friend to help you during the initial recovery period. You’ll need someone to drive you to and from your appointment and stay with you for one to two days after the surgery. league city tx plastic surgery